We’ve regularly shared the main updates with you on Telegram and Twitter, but so much happened in the past month that we wanted to give you a general recap. So today, we are sharing all of our latest updates in hopes that it will help you take a deeper look at what is happening behind the scene.
A few months ago, the idea of ChainRift came to life during a conversation between a couple traders in a bar. Everybody there was having a “what the fork?!” moment with Segwit2x causing concern in the whole cryptocurrency community. Later that day - or in the middle of that night, rather - the name, logo, branding and overall look of ChainRift was sketched on paper.
The exchange was originally created as a solution to determine accurate consensus on controversial Bitcoin forks, allowing market pricing to act as a signal of support (or lack thereof). Very quickly, the idea became a goal, and the goal became a list of tasks; which evolved into a fully-fledged exchange and hasn’t stopped growing ever since. People were brought in and soon enough, what started with a couple guys brainstorming turned into a team of twelve.
Today, in order to keep track of everything, our team “gathers” virtually on a weekly basis and we talk about what has been accomplished, what will be the next thing to focus on and - let’s be honest - so that we can joke around during what looks like an online version of water-cooler talk.
ChainRift, as it is today, is only the start of something powerful. And because we want to bring quality and transparency to our users, this article is the first of a long series of blog posts that will make you feel just as if you were attending one of our weekly calls (minus the occasional Internet connection fails).
Here’s what we’ve been up to in August:
- We finished the Tezos implementation and accompanied its launch with an article prepared by our Compliance team, explaining why we think Tezos isn’t a security.
- We redesigned our Tier Verification policy and page. We now have two tier levels (Verified or Unverified). A verified account allows you to withdraw a significantly larger volume (up to 250,000 USD Daily) and helps protect your account from fraud. So, we highly recommend that you take a couple minutes to go through the verification process.
- We experienced our first random act of wickedness… 🤷 We’re not sure why this Rob guy is mad but we’re wishing you the best, buddy!
- As you have realized, we decided to temporarily disable trading for most coins and focus on a select few. The reasoning behind this decision is that we wish to keep trading pairs that are a) actively requested by our community and b) for which we can ensure appropriate liquidity.
The New Stuff
- Based on a lot of user feedback we received, we fixed a few bugs on the public trading page and added a home button on the homepage. Thanks again for helping us perfecting our tool!
- We published a new Identity Verification document: How do I become a verified user on ChainRift? (Spoiler alert: it’s very simple)
- We've added UI/UX improvements to our Wallets, Deposits, Withdrawals and Trades page. You’ll see that the transition is now way more fluid between these pages!
- We’re actively working on getting a new coin listed on our exchange and have been hard at work in preparation with the coin’s development team. Stay tuned for more information! We’ll tell you more in due time.
- Our Compliance officer is still near-drowning in GDPR documentation but we’re happy to announce that he has not yet sent distress signals and even found the time and energy to give our Terms and Conditions a little makeover.
- We have also been busy conducting a few job interviews and were pleased to be in touch with very interesting and knowledgeable candidates! Keep an eye out for future job opportunities with us!